Andy Cohen Says He Has 'Tested Positive for Coronavirus' and Urges People to 'Stay Home'

Andy Cohen is the latest celebrity to test positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

“After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus,” the Bravo host, 51, shared on Instagram Friday.

Cohen said that Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen will be going on hiatus while he recovers. It was previously announced that the Bravo talk show would film without a live audience in an effort to protect against the rapidly spreading respiratory virus.

“As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we’re putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better,” he continued. “I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us, and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves.”

Earlier on Friday, Bravo announced that new episodes of WWHL would begin airing on Sunday. The show, dubbed WWHL @ Home, was said to be coming live from Cohen’s New York City apartment, with guests like NeNe Leakes, Jerry O’Connell, and Ramona Singer appearing remotely via video chat.

“Just when we thought our show couldn’t get any more low-tech, we’re all homebound,” Cohen said in a statement, promising the “kiki from the couch” would include “at-home show-and-tells and surprises.”

“I’m not sure how this will play out, but I know it’ll be fun,” Cohen said.

Cohen is just one of several celebrities to have contracted COVID-19, including The Bachelor‘s Colton Underwood, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Daniel Dae Kim, and more.

As information about the coronavirus pandemic rapidly changes, PEOPLE is committed to providing the most recent data in our coverage. Some of the information in this story may have changed after publication. For the latest on COVID-19, readers are encouraged to use online resources from CDC, WHO, and local public health departments and visit our coronavirus hub.


Source: Read Full Article